Skip to main content
Tabling Rules and Guidelines
- As of Fall 2019 we have made changes to our tabling policies in order to best accommodate RSO groups. Tables are available for disseminating literature and information, recruiting members and approved fundraising activities only.
- Displays and activities associated with the table reservation cannot block the free flow of traffic or encroach on another table. Examples include:
- Bikes may not be leaned against the tables or trees.
- Stands/signs/A-frames cannot block the walkways between or in front of tables.
- Pop-up tents or structures over the tables of any kind are not permitted as they block the free flow of egress between the tables - per UCD Fire Marshal.
- For-profit companies may not reserve tables at any time as UC Davis does not allow for commercial advertisement on campus (as cited in UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual Chapter 310, section 25).
- Commercial sales and activities are strictly prohibited. Organizations wishing to conduct commercial activities may contact the University Preferred Partnership Program (UP3) for opportunities.
- No posting is permitted on walls, windows, doors, trees or receptacles around the table, but posters may be attached to the table. Please remove all tape and zipties from the tables once finished (as cited in UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual Chapter 310, Section 27).
- No amplified sound may be played from the tables without a sound permit. However, devices (computers/phones) can play music so long as no portable or Bluetooth speakers are used.
- Bakesale guidelines are created by UC Davis Safety Services.
- Tables are monitored by the Memorial Union Information Desk Staff. Table Reservation Confirmation and Permit to Sell must be clearly displayed.
- Groups that No-Show (reserve a table, but do NOT cancel or show up to claim their table by 12p) multiple times