Online registration for Fall Quarter MU Tables & MU Spaces goes live on Mon, August 29.
Tabling Rules and Policies
Registered Student Organizations (RSOs), Sport Clubs and ASUCD units that violate these rules and campus policy will be referred to OSSJA. Departments/Non-Profits with tabling violations will be referred to the Memorial Union Director and tabling rights may be revoked.
- Reservation Rules
- - Tables are available for disseminating literature and information, recruiting members, and approved fundraising activities only.
- Groups can only reserve one table per day. Multiple reservations by a group for the same day will be canceled and reported to OSSJA.
- Groups must have a member present at the table during the reservation.
- Groups cannot turn the reservation over to another group.
- Groups cannot table at unauthorized locations (such as the flag pole or coho patio).
- Groups must cancel or claim their table by 12noon otherwise it counts as a “no-show’ violation.
- Tabling Rules
- - EH&S Bakesale guidelines must be adhered to. Baked goods purchased and resold (donuts) are not permitted unless repacked with value-added (i.e sticker or ribbon).
- CSI approved fundraising is permitted. Re-selling of commercial items is prohibited on campus, but may be considered when the item is altered (i.e. flowers with a message; DIY mixed candy package) so that the club adds value to the item.
- Amplified sound is not permitted at the tabling tables. Amplified sound is only approved for MU South Patio or Quad reservations made through and approved by Conference and Event Services only for MU South Patio and Quad. However, devices (computers/phones) can play music as long as no portable or Bluetooth speakers are used.
- Pop-up tents or structures over tables of any kind are not permitted as they block the free flow of egress between the tables - per UCD Fire Marshal.
- No posting or chalking is permitted on walls, windows, doors, trees, or receptacles around the table, but posters may be attached to the table. Please remove all tape and zip ties from the tables once finished (as cited in UC Davis PPM 310-27).
- Displays and activities associated with the table reservation cannot block the free flow of traffic or encroach on another table.
- Bikes may not be leaned against the tables or trees.
- Stands/signs/A-frames cannot block the walkways between or in front of tables.
- Tabling Violations
- Tables are monitored by the Memorial Union Information Desk Staff. Permit to Sell and Fundraising approval must be clearly displayed.
- Tabling violations are submitted to CSI/OSSJA.
Tables are monitored by the Memorial Union Information Desk Staff. Permit to Sell and Fundraising approval must be clearly displayed.