The Games Area offers reservations and events for its bowling lanes. We offer same-day reservations by phone, or large group reservations (requires at least 7 days notice). We also offer recharges for Special Events for student organizations and Full Facility Rentals.
Same-Day Wait List
If you are coming down to the Games Area with a small group, you might want to make a same-day wait list entry!
- To place a Same-Day Wait List entry, simply call our main line (530-752-2580) when we're open and say you want to make a same-day wait list entry.
- Then provide your name, the time you'd like to come, and the number of lanes you'll be needing. We are not able to hold more than 4 lanes - if you need more please place a Large Group Reservation at least a week in advance.
- And that's it! Come on down at that time and we will call your name either at the time of your visit, or as soon afterwards as possible when your desired number of lanes are available!
- Please note that Same-Day Wait Lists are not allowed on Fridays and Saturdays after 5pm due to the amount of visitors we get.
Large Group Reservations
Got a larger group? You'll want to let us know ahead of time! Please note that all reservations must follow these rules:
- We must accommodate reservations on a first-come, first-serve basis. If your reservation conflicts with an existing one, we may ask you to alter your reservation.
- Please check the Games Area Events calendar to see all existing reservations.
- Large Group Reservation times are limited to 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Recharges be submitted for any time, however after 6 p.m. we will not hold the lanes for you.
- A minimum of 2 lanes is required, with a maximum of 8 lanes.
- If you would like to pay by recharge, please fill out that part of the form correctly.
- All requests must be made at least a week in advance. If you attempt to make one for sooner, you may be asked to do a same-day reservation.
- The Games Area reserves the right to change reservations on an as-needed basis.
To place a Large Group Reservation, please fill out our Reservation Form.
Special events at the Games Area are public events intended to promote and highlight any activity that is supported by by official student organizations and student-focused campus groups. Special events are also fundraising opportunities, as the host organization will get a portion of all revenue made in the Games Area that evening! All interested organizations are encouraged to apply or contact the Games Area for further information.
Hosting a Special Event
We are interested in providing a wide variety of Special Events from student groups all over campus! These groups would have the ability to customize the Games Area to better serve their interests and participants, including setting their own music, playing movies, setting up a table for promotion or merchandise sales, playing their own games, and more! For full details, please see the Special Event Contract.
If your organization is interested in hosting a Special Event at the UC Davis Games Area, please fill out our Special Event application. All applicants will be contacted for a face-to-face meeting with the Coordinator to solidify plans and arrange logistics to make your event a success!
Full Facility Rental
Full Facility Rentals at the Games Area allow you to host a private event in the Games Area! These events cost a flat $500/hour ($750/hour for non-campus groups) and include all of our gaming services and staffing to ensure your event is a success! If you are interested in a Full Facility Rental, please fill out an application at least three weeks in advance of your event. Full Facility Rentals are not available on weekend nights. Please see our Full Facility Rental Request Form.