Study Space in MU Meeting Rooms
When not reserved, MU meeting rooms can be used by students to study. When using them for this purpose, we ask you to please follow these courtesy guidelines:
- Check the room card outside each meeting room door, and be prepared to leave the meeting room 10 minutes prior to the start of any scheduled meeting.
- Make sure other students can also access and use the room to study.
- Return all chairs and tables to their original position after use.
- Discard any trash from tables, floors, etc.
- No napping in the meeting rooms.
If you have any questions about these spaces or their appropriate use, please direct them to the MU information desk staff. The info desk is on the first floor of the Memorial Union. You can stop by, call (530) 752-2222, or email <email@example.com>.
Reserving MU Meeting Rooms
Reservations for the Memorial Union meeting rooms must be made through Conference and Event Services (CES). The reservation process is dependent on if you are an On-Campus Client, Registered Student Organization (RSO), or Off-Campus Client. For more detailed instruction on how to place your reservation, visit the Operations and Events Management (OEM) reservation page.
To discuss your upcoming event, receive more information about the facility, or schedule a site tour, contact the Memorial Union Event Venue Manager at 530-752-7282 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on capacities and diagrams, or facility use guidelines visit the Operations and Events Management page.
|DeCarli||18' x 31'||585||22||42||27||25|
|Fielder||20' x 21'||420||14||26||20||18|
|Garrison||35' x 19'||680||22||42||26||30|
|Smith||16' x 15'||250||10||15||N/A||N/A|
Patrons must abide by the UC Davis Code of Conduct and Principles of Community. Memorial Union staff reserves the right to implement guidelines that protect the health, safety and wellbeing of the facility and its members. If patrons are not using services as intended, Memorial Union staff can ask them to leave.
Be a Good Neighbor
When using the Memorial Union lounges and patios for studying, socializing, eating or relaxing, please abide by these guidelines to maintain the space and welcome and inviting to everyone:
- Keep your belongings from spreading out or overtaking a space.
- Keep your shoes on, and don’t place bare or socked feet on tables.
- Don’t claim several chairs and deny the seats to others.
- Carts, bikes, skateboards and scooters are not permitted in the building nor to pass through the building.
- Falling asleep while studying or napping is acceptable, however please do not go to sleep with the use of make-shift pillows or blankets. In these cases, patrons will be woken and asked to leave.
- Please do not use sinks to bathe.
- For long term housing or food needs, student can access services at the Aggie Compass, and community members can access service at the Davis Community Meals, or find a wider range of services via the Yolo County Street Sheet.
Prohibited Items and Behaviors
- Recording or posting images either by photograph, video, or digitally of individuals or groups without their consent
- Animals/pets (excluding service animals)
- Bicycles, skateboards, shopping carts, scooters
- Violent or threatening conduct, and conduct that is discriminatory or creates a hostile environments for others users in violation of University policies
- Alcohol, illicit drugs, drug paraphernalia, tobacco products (including e-cigarettes)
- Any item that breaks fire code
- Posting materials inside or on the exterior of the facility without prior approval from staff