Tabling at the Memorial Union & Silo Union
Per UC Davis PPM 310-25, the Memorial Union (MU) Information Desk coordinates table reservations for the Memorial Union and Silo Union. Online reservations are available for registered student organizations (CSI clubs and Sports Clubs), and ASUCD entities up to four weeks in advance, and for departments and nonprofit groups up to two weeks in advance.
Non-registered student organizations and for-profit companies can work with Conference and Event Services to reserve the South Patio or the Quad through their website http://ces.ucdavis.edu
Table reservations for student organizations and ASUCD entities has moved to a new online platform (as of September 16, 2019) and is now available online year-round via Your Recreation Portal or mobile app (coming soon!). In-person registration for departments and non-profits continues to happen at the Memorial Union Information Desk.
Maps of the tables at the Memorial Union and the Silo Union can on each table on your Recreation Portal. Permanent tables at the Memorial Union are dark green and located along the north edge of the quad facing the Memorial Union. MU tables are numbered 1-22. Permanent concrete tables at the Silo Union are located along the north edge of the Silo area facing the Silo Bus Terminal. Silo tables are labeled A-F.
Online Table Reservations- Fall 2019
Online registration via Your Recreation Portal begins Monday, September 16.
Groups may only reserve one table per day.
Due to the high demand for tables at the beginning of the fall quarter, we also offer the opportunity to groups to reserve a BYOT (bring your own table) space at the MU. Those spaces are BYOT spaces numbers #23-44. Tables should be less than 6' feet. BYOT locations are to be located across from existing tables but facing the Quad instead of the Memorial Union and are only available until October 11.
How to Reserve a Table
- Starting, September 16, use your Kerberos log in to access the Your Recreation Portal.
- Scroll down to the Memorial Union round table icon (yes, that's supposed to look like a table).
- First, select what table number you would like. Maps of table location can be seen once you click on the Table Number
- Then select what day.
- Be sure to enter the full name of your student organization in the prompt, no abbreviations please.
How to "pick up" your table reservation:
- After completing your online registration, check-in at Memorial Union Information Desk any time prior to 12 p.m. on the day of your reservation.
- Tables not claimed by 12 p.m. are forfeited to waiting groups on a first-come, first-serve basis
How to get a same-day reservation:
- Line up across from the Gold Star Aggie wall any time prior to 12 p.m.
- Tables not claimed by 12 p.m. are forfeited to waiting groups on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Student Orgs without an existing reservation are not guaranteed a same-day table
- Reservations are not viewable online until Monday, September 16.
- All registered student groups have the same opportunity to reserve tables on a first-come, first-serve basis. Only currently registered student organizations of CSI or Sport Clubs and ASUCD entities are able to make reservations in accordance with table reservation guidelines.
- There are 22 reservable spots at the Memorial Union (existing tables #1-22) and 2 tables at the Silo Union (E-F).
- During the first three weeks of fall quarter, BYOT locations are available. If your group reserves a BYOT space at the MU (#23-44), you are responsible for bringing your own 6' table (and chairs if desired).
- Groups may reserve only one table per day. Additional bookings for the same day will be cancelled.
- Table registration is also available in person at the Memorial Union Information Desk (first floor, northeast corner).
- Registered student organizations can reserve a table four weeks in advance.
- Non-profit and departments can reserve a table two weeks in advance.
- Non-registered student organizations and For-profit companies can reserve space near the Memorial Union by working with Conference and Event Services (http://ces.ucdavis.edu)
How to Cancel Reservation
- Contact the information desk at (530)752-2222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your reservation. Please provide the table and date you want to cancel.
Tabling Rules and Guidelines
- For-profit companies may not reserve tables at any time as UC Davis does not allow for commercial advertisement on campus (as cited in UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual Chapter 310, section 25).
- Displays and activities associated with the table reservation cannot block the free flow of traffic or encroach on another table. Examples include:
- Bikes may not be leaned against the tables or trees.
- Stands/signs/a-frames cannot block the walkways between or in front of tables.
- Pop-up tents or structures over the tables of any kind are not permitted as they block the free flow of egress between the tables - per UCD Fire Marshal.
- No posting is permitted on walls, windows, doors, trees or receptacles around the table, but posters may be attached to the table. Please remove all tape and zipties from the tables once finished (as cited in UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual Chapter 310, Section 27).
- No amplified sound may be played from the tables without a sound permit. However, devices (computers/phones) can play music so long as no portable or Bluetooth speakers are used.
- Here is where to go for a sound permit: Conference and Event Services.
- Tables are available for disseminating literature and information, recruiting members and approved fundraising activities only.
- Bakesale guidelines are created by UC Davis Safety Services.
- Commercial sales and activities are strictly prohibited. Organizations wishing to conduct commercial activities may contact the University Preferred Partnership Program (UP3) for opportunities.
- Tables are monitored by the Memorial Union Information Desk Staff. Table Reservation Confirmation and Permit to Sell must be clearly displayed.
Collection Bin Reservations
Registered Student Organizations now must agree to advertise their Collection Drive using at least one of the following: Email Campaign, LCD Advertisement or Social Media.
- Each registered student organization is limited to one reservation per quarter/summer session.
- This reservation may be made as early as the first day of the preceding quarter/summer session.
- There are three Collection Bins located at the Memorial Union and the Student Community Center that can be reserved for two week periods (beginning on Wednesday ending on Tuesday). The Information Desk at the Memorial Union will approve the request for both locations.
- Collection Bins are provided and will be placed by 9 a.m. on the Wednesday your reservation begins. The Collection Bins are large red Rubbermaid trash bins, to accommodate your donations.
- Collection Bins must be labeled by 11 a.m. on the Wednesday your reservation begins.
- Labels must be typed, poster size (11” by 17”), and must indicate the type of drive, the organization name, and who the donations will go to.
- If the Collection Bins are not labeled by the deadline, your reservation may be forfeited.
- Collection Bins will be removed the Wednesday following the end of your reservation by 9 a.m., any unclaimed items will be donated to The Pantry or Aggie Reuse.
There are nine LCD screens on the first and second floors that display student organizations ads. Student Affairs Marketing and Communication receives submissions from registered student organizations and UC Davis Departments for up to two ads per quarter that can run for up to two weeks. To read more about submission guidelines, see the Student Affairs Marketing and Communications LCD Display Guidelines.