The Games Area offers reservations for its bowling lanes. Reservations are intended for larger groups (7+ people) that wish to bowl together during non-peak times.
All reservations must follow these rules:
- Only bowling lanes may be reserved.
- We must accommodate reservations on a first-come, first-serve basis. If your reservation conflicts with an existing one, we may ask you to alter your reservation.
- Please check the Games Area Reservations calendar (below) to see all existing reservations.
- Reservation times are limited to 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Reservation times are made on an hourly basis starting on the hour.
- A minimum of 2 lanes is required, with a maximum of 8 lanes.
- All requests must be made at least a week in advance.
- The Games Area reserves the right to change reservations on an as-needed basis.
A $50 deposit is required to place a reservation. All deposits are credited toward the overall lane charges and are non-refundable.
To place a reservation, please visit our Program page on the Your Recreation web portal.
Special events at the Games Area are public events intended to promote and highlight any activity that is supported by by official student organizations and student-focused campus groups. Special events are also fundraising opportunities, as the host organization will get a portion of all revenue made in the Games Area that evening! All interested organizations are encouraged to apply or contact the Games Area for further information.
Hosting a Special Event
We are interested in providing a wide variety of Special Events from student groups all over campus! These groups would have the ability to customize the Games Area to better serve their interests and participants, including setting their own music, playing movies, setting up a table for promotion or merchandise sales, playing their own games, and more! For full details, please see the Special Event Contract.
If your organization is interested in hosting a Special Event at the UC Davis Games Area, please fill out our Special Event application. All applicants will be contacted for a face-to-face meeting with the Coordinator to solidify plans and arrange logistics to make your event a success!