- Bicycling, scootering, rollerblading, skateboarding and skating are not permitted in or on the Memorial Union complex.
- Wheeled vehicles other than strollers and those used by persons with disabilities are not permitted in the Memorial Union unless they can be carried as personal property.
- Bicycles, motorized scooters, hoverboards and carts, and other large wheeled vehicles must be parked outside in authorized areas and not at entrances.
- Section 6.07 of the UC Davis Traffic and Parking Code prohibits riding, parking, and storing wheeled vehicles inside of campus buildings.
Patrons must abide by the UC Davis Code of Conduct and Principles of Community. Memorial Union staff reserves the right to implement guidelines that protect the health, safety, and well-being of the facility and its members. If patrons are not using services as intended, Memorial Union staff can ask them to leave.
Be a Good Neighbor
When using the Memorial Union lounges and patios for studying, socializing, eating or relaxing, please abide by these guidelines to maintain the space and welcome and inviting to everyone:
- Keep your belongings from spreading out or overtaking a space.
- Keep your shoes on, and don’t place bare or socked feet on tables.
- Don’t claim several chairs and deny the seats to others.
- Carts, bikes, skateboards, and scooters are not permitted in the building nor to pass through the building.
- Falling asleep while studying or napping is acceptable, however, please do not go to sleep with the use of make-shift pillows or blankets. In these cases, patrons will be woken and asked to leave.
- Please do not use sinks to bathe.
- For long-term housing or food needs, students can access services at the Aggie Compass, and community members can access service at the Davis Community Meals, or find a wider range of services via the Yolo County Street Sheet.
Prohibited Items and Behaviors
- The Memorial Union is public space, so photos and video are permitted. However, if you are recording or photographing someone specifically, please make sure you have their consent.
- Animals/pets (excluding service animals)
- Bicycles, skateboards, shopping carts, scooters
- Violent or threatening conduct, and conduct that is discriminatory or creates a hostile environment for others in violation of University policies
- Alcohol, illicit drugs, drug paraphernalia, tobacco products (including e-cigarettes)
- Any item that breaks fire code
- Posting materials inside or on the exterior of the facility without prior approval from staff
Service Animals Only
Animals, except for service animals, are not permitted in the Memorial Union.
Permitted animals: For students and visitors, only Service Animals are permitted in areas where dogs are not otherwise allowed. A Service Animal is a dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability.
Animals NOT permitted: The following are NOT Service Animals: 1) non-dog animals, except in some cases miniature horses; 2) animals that solely serve to deter crime; 3) emotional support, comfort, and companion animals.
For more information about animals on campus, or service animals for employees please visit the service animals on campus page.